Over 20 years
experience of Reading
and Teaching Tarot Cards
Follow me on Twitter
Join Facebook Friends
Connect on LinkedIn
You Tube Channel
My Tarot Books are all available for Kindle on:
Be Your Own Life Coach using Tarot Cards
A tarot reading can be useful to find out what is going on in your life and what the likely outcome might be of a situation.
However Tarot cards can offer so much more wisdom and guidance than merely a traditional reading.
Tarot cards can guide you through a complete Coaching process, to take you from facing a crisis and not knowing what to do next to empowered decision making, where you take control of the situation and steer it in the direction that you want to go.
Here are some of the ways in which tarot cards can be useful.
- Use Tarot Cards to understand the situation, who is involved and what has happened. It can be useful to ask questions starting with What? Who? When? Where? For many people the biggest question is ‘why has this happened?’ That is not always the most constructive question to ask at this stage. A more appropriate question may be “How has it happened?
- Tarot Cards can then be used to explore the root cause of the situation in more detail. It is important to do this step with as little blame or guilt as possible. There may be a need to do some Acceptance of the situation as it is and the people involved – OK, so this has happened, you cannot change it, how can you move forward?
- You can use Tarot cards to understand your true feelings, emotions, motivations and fears and those of the other people involved.
- The next area where Tarot Cards can be useful is to look at the likely outcomes of the situation IF nothing changes. Remember nothing is fixed and you have the control over your decisions and actions and over the direction of your life. As soon as you make a different decision or think or feel differently, the whole reading will change.
- Think about what would be the Ideal Outcome for you of this situation.
- Ask yourself what is stopping that from happening? This might be the situation or other people. It can also be deep-rooted fears and beliefs about yourself or life in general. The Tarot can help to quickly identify those issues and once identified they can be cleared with some simple exercises.
- You can then use the Tarot for Empowered Decision Making to explore some possible solutions and look at the likely outcomes of taking those action steps, including the possible reactions of other people.
- Take a deep breath, connect with your Intuition and notice what feels right for you as a course of action.
- Use the Tarot cards to confirm your Intuitive feelings.
- Take action.
Whilst you might want other people to change their behaviour and actions in order to resolve the situation, that might not always be possible to do. People have their own agenda. Tarot Cards can be most useful to you when you explore YOURSELF and what YOU can do to change a situation and then take Empowered Action.
Be your own Life Coach, using Tarot Cards to help you to connect to your own Inner Guidance and get the answers that are perfect for you – then take ACTION!
Tarot Author and Coach
© 2010 Amanda Goldston
Click Here to Return to Article Index